Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Weightloss Wednesdays: Veggie Burger & Workout Review



So yeah.... I skipped last week....I have lost an unimpressive total of 2 pounds in the last two weeks. Mostly because not only am I lazy and very not good at keeping a routine and having self control, but I'm even worse at all those things when I have other stuff going on. We had company and the many adventures that company brings: prep, welcoming, entertaining, eating out at lord knows where on the road, etc.
However I did manage to join a gym, but only went once between company and my husband being sick.

But anyway, enough of my whining, lets get to some good stuff...

In the way of food I have been maybe 50% of the time trying to step up my health game. This means trying to cook at home more often, packing snacks for when I think I'm going to be out long enough to get hungry and want drive-thrus, and make what I cook contain more good stuff and less bad. One thing I have discovered is a new to me brand of veggie burgers that has blown my mind(and even made my super carnivorous husband happy too).

Now let me say I am not a vegetarian, however I am not new to veggie burgers. I love to explore the meat alternative realms often. Up until this latest discovery Dr Praeger's California Veggie Burgers was the ruler of my veggie burger world, and I still love them with their light tasting veggieriffic goodness. But my husband being the meat loving man that he is just wouldn't dig that as much as something that actually tried to taste like meat, that being the case I went on a search to find something that would strike him as good.

Behold! Sweet Earth brand veggie burgers:


I picked up both the Santa Fe & Teriyaki varieties to try and oh sweet baby Jesus were they good. I prepared them on the George Foreman grill and dressed them up like any other burger with their themes(ex: salsa & chipotle mayo for Santa Fe and Mayo Sauce and Siracha for Teriyaki). Yes, as with any veggie burger you could tell the difference between it and the real thing, but the least I have ever come across, and the differences came off as novel and appealing rather than a lame letdown. We both like the slight crunch that the millet and seeds added to them. Also can I just mention that they are LOADED with protein and fiber two things which are not only great for you, but keep you full for a very long time.

So yeah, Sweet Earth veggie burgers, if you haven't done it yet, you should get on that! Also I hear they make burritos and other food which I am very excited to try.

Next on the discovery and review train is an exercise program I tried. Yes, I only got around to it twice but each time I finished I felt like that baddest bitch there was, and my body felt it the next day too.

I present to you: 

Many moons ago I had read the book Skinny Bitch, and while it did contain a good deal of motivation and some helpful tips I found it to mostly be meat shaming vegan propaganda. Now I have nothing against veganism, as a matter of fact I did consider changing to that lifestyle for a time and though that fell through I still dabble from time to time, however I do have a problem with someone shaming people for not living that lifestyle, which is what I found that majority of the Skinny Bitch book to be doing. 

When I found the workout DVD's in my local library I was intrigued. A workout DVD would bring the things I liked about the book, good advice and motivation, without really being able to bring the things I didn't. Why not give it a try? And am I glad I did! It is actually a 3 disk series, but I have only gotten to the first because I loved it so much I did it again. I am not a it person, so t others this may seem like nothing to do,  but to me it was a challenge. I was a huffing puffing, sweaty mess searching for any source of water I could get my hands on fast enough. But by the end I felt like a gosh darn champion! I really liked that they had the two instructors doing the different levels at the same time as an example for all people trying it. While one lady went to the max jumping all around like no tomorrow, the other was on the other side showing you how to do it if you're on the lower end of the fitness spectrum(*raises hand*) just doing your best but still getting all you can from it. 
 I highly recommend it. I will most likely end up buying it so that I have it to do again and again. If you want to try it out before you buy it and your library does not carry it I did find the full version on trusty 'ol Youtube at: https://youtu.be/uaoQey55mqs 

So there we go, a little progress( or non progress) update and a couple reviews of things I have found along the way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment